ART in the AIR
ART in the AIR
Art in the Air is a digital art initiative developed through a Breadboard and PECO partnership. The goal is to utilize the PECO Crown Lights system in a new and different way, and provide recognition to local artists working in a digital format. The PECO Crown Lights (atop the PECO building located at 23rd and Market streets) will serve as an Art in the Air exhibition venue.
Past Art in the Air ARTISTS
2012 – 2013 GUIDELINES
Timeline includes two-month run period with showings every Friday evening during those months.
Deadlines for September/October 2012 Showing:
08/21/12 – Artist Submissions Due
Art in the Air Broadcast Date 09/07/12 – 10/26/12
Deadlines for November/December 2012 Showing:
10/16/12 – Artist Submissions Due
Art in the Air Broadcast Date 11/02/12 – 12/28/12
Deadlines for January/February 2013 Showing:
12/05/12 – Artist Submissions Due
Art in the Air Broadcast Date 01/04/13 – 02/22/13
Deadlines for March/April 2013 Showing:
02/12/13 – Artist Submissions Due
Art in the Air Broadcast Date 03/01/13 – 04/26/13
Deadlines for May/June 2013 Showing:
04/23/13 – Artist Submissions Due
Art in the Air Broadcast Date 05/03/13 – 06/28/13
Deadlines for July/August 2013 Showing:
06/25/13 – Artist Submissions Due
Art in the Air Broadcast Date 07/05/13 – 08/30/13
*all submissions are due by midnight on deadline date
SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
- The 2012 Art in the Air program is open to all digital artists & animators residing in the Tri-State Area (PA, NJ, DE).
- Digital works must be no more than 30 seconds in length.
- Digital works may not include the use of proper nouns nor promotional content (artist’s website, contact information, etc.).
- Submissions must be original works that have been created within the last five years and artists must own all rights to their video submissions.
- Digital works may be made using any technique, but they must be submitted to the competition in a WMV file format.
- All work must be formatted for display in exact accordance with PECO Crown Lights dimensions: 360 x 2224 @ 72 dpi (height by width).
- Artists should provide video stills and embeddable links to their animations and/or Youtube/Vimeo links so that PECO and Breadboard can promote selected work and the Art in the Air program.
- Individuals submitting work for review must be at least 18 years old and provide a certification of original work of art/ownership.
- Please send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: PECO)
Art in the Air is generously sponsored by PECO